BLUE NIGHT TRANSLATIONS
J: A love confession is all about timing.
Blue Night Radio - 150430
Blue Night Radio - 150428
- J: You don't know everything because you're human. If you know everything then you'd be a computer.
- J: Ah i really need to start exercising again..
Blue Night Radio - 150427
- J: I.... don't ask a lot of questions. If you ask me what that means, I can listen to whatever that person has to say, I mean I will enter only when that person opens up.
- J: There is no one who dislikes compliments, so let's all compliment one other.
- J: I came back from Brazil today, and wow the flight was really long. I thought about a lot about things too. I departed on the 25th but I reached on the 27th, it feels like the 26th just disappeared. I thought a lot on the plane too while I felt how the 26th was taken away from my life.
- J: I don't really like coffee too, and I've also said many times that it's something I drink to drive away my restlessness.
- J: The weather became much warmer right. It's a pity to me, actually, that the cold weather is gone just like that.
- (Stevie Wonder's Ribbon In The Sky) J: This song, I selected it as a song that I want to listen together (with my girlfriend) if I'm dating.
- J: I.... am not someone who looks at things optimistically. Even when I look at flowers, I think about things like how short life is like "ah even the flower will wither eventually".
- J: When I was younger, I cried quite a bit, so one time my mother told me, "You're a guy, why are you crying so much?". I don't really remember, but it was when i was 5 years old? I said "Aren't guys human?".. We're humans, that's why we cry.
- J: It's the same for dandelions, it's the same for cherry blossoms. I realised even if they bloom so charmingly, they wither eventually.
- J: Even though this is something I often say, there is completely no need for the pace of my life to be proportionate to the pace of the lives of others. That person is just acting according to the pace he is confident with.
- J: When you're on a diet, eat a piece of beancurd. Because of that, even if you eat other food, you'll eat less because you're full. It's not that you should only eat beancurd, you should eat that an other food too.
- J: Tomorrow will be a better day.
- J: No matter how much I studied, my grades wouldn't go up, because I don't know the way to. Ah I'm not saying your daughter would be like that too, I'm talking about myself.
- J: You have to date a lot in life. Life is short....
- J: They say that you will hear better if you speak into someone's right ear. So next time if you want to confess, speak into their right ear. That would be cute........... wouldn't doing that be cute?
- J: There are a few phrases that I saw often. "Well", "So, what should I say". Ah I also say "Hmm" a lot. "Hmm, that could happen too." "Hmm, that's right."
- J: There was a best time period for me too, but I had experiences that were the worst. Now that I think about it, that was the best time, but I, at that time, wasn't able to enjoy then, and it was when I thought "ah it's the worst".
- J: Actually, whatever it is, it is hard to be happy for every thing and at all times.
- J: A love confession is all about timing.
- J: When I feel that this is not my work, will I give up on either being a singer or a DJ eventually? When i think about it, I don't think that it will happen. I don't think I have such courage.
- J: I don't who a first love is supposed to be. Is it the very first time you love someone, or is it when you think "ah this is really love"?
- J: When talking about hardships, I try my best to talk about it calmly. Because I think that my family can have a hard time because of me showing them how I'm having a hard time.
- J: I want to write this kind of story. Characters that symbolize discrimination such as albino, odd-eye. I've thought of trying to write story about people who are left out without reason.
- J: I cry really well, if I want to cry. I just cry my eyes out!
- J: I think that there is no correct answer to art. It is something that is subjective.
- J: My dog is called Byulroo. This friend seems to be living unjustly. There is a reason why its called Byulroo. When it was still a puppy, she was at the dorm and she defecated on a white t-shirt. The owner of the white T-shirt was Minho-gun, so he said "It's really Byulroo (T/N: not that great)". So for 7 years it has been living as byulroo.
- J: It's not wrong to dream a big dream. It's okay to have a big dream, it's also okay to have a small dream.
- J: Time passes like a blink of an eye, and it's sunday tomorrow. Seems like time will pass by even faster tomorrow, so what are your plans?
- J: I am not married and I also don't have children, so i don't know how a parent feels. But when i share the songs that i have worked hard to make, I think I know how a parent feel. It's like the saying, "If you bite all ten fingers, there is no one finger that is not in pain", each one of them is precious to me.
- J: As compared to saying something like "cheer up", must as well say "it's okay to cheer up even tomorrow~"
- J: Recently, I also think about wanting the time to stop.
- J (Skeleton Flower): The moment you hear the title, you may even wonder what that is. Even though I explained that day, "Skeleton Flower" is the name of a flower. When it's wet by dews or the rain, it's quite a fascinating flower which leaves turn from white to transparent. It's a fascinating flower that would probably appear in fantasy novels or movies. I made a note to write lyrics about that flower once I personally knew about it, but a listener made a reference of time to that flower, and sent in a story which hinted at a song that expresses that, so I thought "ah if so, although this flower turns transparent when it is wet by the rain and with time, its existence doesn't disappear." and with a reference to such things, and hinting at the flower, I wanted to work out (a song like that). So I wrote the songs with lyrics that we can think of as it might not even appear if our listener did not provide such a source.
- J (By Tomorrow): Like what I said when on the day this song was released, when you're going "it's hard, it's hard", as compared to just saying "ya, cheer up~", must as well say, "ya, when it's hard, take a break, you don't necessarily have to cheer up today." Cheer up by tomorrow, even if you are gloomy and having a hard time for about a month, I'm silently standing beside you. It has lyrics that says it's okay to come back to talk to me when you feel like it, when you're cheered up. Actually I always tell our listeners "Cheer up~", "Everything will be okay~", but I feel sorry even when I say that. Sometimes I thought of wanting to be a DJ who doesn't compels people to cheer up or to be strong. I also thought, isn't my feelings expressed through the song?
- J: I'm not good with memorising too! Ah there are so many listeners here who are like me! Who lose things easily and who can't memorise!
- J: There are things that I don't lose because they are precious to me, and there are also things that I treasure as I use it for a long time
- J: I'm someone who can't empty any lingering attachements. But what's funny is that although I am someone who loses things easily, I don't lose the things that are precious and meaningful to me.
- J: Actually dish-washing is the hardest.
- L says she likes listening to Jong's voice but she can't sleep. J: Since hearing my voice is a gain, then your loss is two hours
- (Don't be embarrassed to express your emotions.) J: Please also be obvious. Everyone~
- J: Actually, among all the weather types, I'm the kind who likes rainy days.
- J: I don't really like those type of movies. 9: Why?? J: Those things that make you fall deep into a dream or imagination. Please come back to reality.
- J: Actually when I was young, I was a left-hander. I ate using my left hand, I wrote with my left hand, I also used the scissors with my left hand. But there was once I was scolded badly by my father, and I was forced to change to use my right hand. That's why I also wondered if it's because of that that I don't write nicely.
- J: What do you all like? Because I don't drink beer well, so I prefer the bars that serve soju..
- J: Actually, even if someone I dislike says something funny, I don't laugh.
- J: Even if you had a hard day, please cheer up. Tomorrow will be a better day.
- L: What do you usually order when you're at the cafe? J: For me, mainly tea? If not lemon tea, then mainly americano. It's not something hard right? Macchiato? There's something like that... It's something that people like me can't order
- J: If I look back at the past 3 months, first of all I was distracted. Whether its personal or work goals, I cant say that Im 100% satisfied
- J: Even if it's not something you can get results immediately, everyone, if you work hard, it'll pay off some time.
- J: Damien Rice. If I listen to this singer's songs alone, my tears will gush out... The emotions of this person, Damien Rice, it feels like using a needle to poke at the water balloon that is filled with my depressed feelings.
- J: Even though I always tell others 'take a rest before you do it" or "do it lightly", but for me, I feel uneasy if i have a break. I have to change this soon.
- J: Love is about timing, life is all about timing too.
- J: Because I've also experienced a lot of groundless rumours, I just come to laugh about it.
- L says her mood was uplifted as she listened to blue night while doing her manicure.
- J: These days, my head has been hurting because of a few things which are quite complex and stressful. I can't be relieved of them. Please recommend me something. I can't do manicure though...
- J: It's alright to gain strength even by tomorrow. Because I wanted to say that it's okay, even if you have been worn out and had a hard time for about a month, I tried writing the song. Please gain strength tomorrow! It'd be fine as long as you gain strength when you feel like it.
- J: Seems like the lyrics will be a source of comfort even if you don't gain strength today.
- J: To me, there's no such thing as a useless thought. All of them will be useful somehow.
- J: ah! here's a useless thought! (quoting listener:) "Before you sleep, thinking "if i sleep now, how many hours will i sleep?" "
- L: I have a 12-page report to write. I have 5 more to go now, and I kept procrastinating before.
- J: I also have something to write, ah and because of it I had a mental breakdown the whole day. I'm gonna have a mental breakdown until tomorrow...
- J: I'm the kind who dislikes changes.
- J: We talked about having strong mentality.. So is your mentality strong? For me... I'm not like those people who have a strong mentality.
- J: Whatever exam it is, a big or small one, it's nerve wracking.... Don't be too nervous and I hope you do well.
- J: Because I'm an "oppa", so I like something like this. Compared to "oppa", I think "oppa-ya" is better.
- J: All the moms, please have strength. XXXX-nim, please have strength. All the students who are studying late now, please have strength. Ah, just, everyone who is listening to the broadcast now, please have strength.
- J: Well... from the perspective of someone who showed skin, whatever image i show, it's still me. Even if I don't acknowledge it, because everyone in this word thinks of me like that, that is who I am too. I think that the definition of who I am is not something I can set for myself.
- J: There's no one season that's good for separation.
- J: There are times when what you see isn't everything. Especially the feelings between two people, what you see may not be true, and you can't differentiate what is real and what is not.
- J: I collect scented candles as a hobby. But I can't throw away the bottles that are left behind after the candles have been burnt out. That's why I have 2 boxes of that now.. when we moved, my mom said she threw them out. My mom is a romanticist. She said that (I should) only keep the memories in my heart.
- J: Actually, stress is a source of motivation for me.
- J: I personally don't really like fried (chicken).
- J: If I'm tired, I get ulcers. I get that quite a lot. This time during my solo activities I got 9 once. on my tongue and lips
- J: That's my habit. whenever I think of words or paragraphs, I write them in my memo. so when I write songs I bring that along with me and I write with that.