24th June 2016
A: We are here with kpop superstar SHINee member Jonghyun.
A: Tell is a bit about your brand new album. ‘Congratulations’.
J: Thank You
A: Yes, please introduce us to this.
J: This is my first full album. The album features nine songs, and the title is ‘She Is’.
It has been over a year since I started preparing this album. I’m happy with this album, and it was really fun to do. I hope you all enjoy my new album as much as I do.
A: ( nods) so what inspired the new album?
J: What inspired my new album is... ah I imagined that I was acting the character I created while I was writing and composing the songs. This character is playful and has a strong personality, and he’s also a sly type of guy. The main concept was when this guy falls in love with someone. The image of this guy when he starts falling in love, or when he is deeply in love, could be portrayed. That’s what you can expect from this album.
A: And so what would you say are the main differences between your last album and this current solo comeback?
J: I’ve previously released two albums. First I had my solo album, followed by a mini album. This time the full album is... ah... a kind of advanced form of my mini album. I tried to add more acoustic sound and less emotion in the compilation album.Ah.. then the mini album in terms of sound and genre, was very challenging in style. The first full album this time has a thumping beat, and I used more digital sounds than acoustic ones. I think I’ll continue my music career in two different way’ s in the future.
A: What would you say is your most favourite track on the album and why?
J: There is a song called ‘Orbit’ in the third track. I personally like this track. The rhythm and lyrics are kind of decadent. So I think this is perfect for the character I wanted to express. That’s why I personally like this track.
A: Now one of your big tracks is Guilty Pleasure, and I gotta ask do you have any ‘guilty pleasures’?
J: People normally say they feel guilty pleasure from food. Many people said this to me when I performed the song.For example, chicken and beer late at night. But for me... ah (cheeky grin). When I make music with a deliberate intention, and stimulate people’s imagination without telling them my intention, this can also be a guilty pleasure for me. Because it may be a songwriter’s role to explain everything about the song, but if a writer is just telling people figure it out for themselves, that can be a fun guilty pleasure, in my opinion.
A: I was gonna say I love chicken as well (nodding)fried chicken here in Korea it’s absolutely amazing I miss it. Now in your iPod what can we find... like what kind of western music are you listening to, and what kind of Asian pop are you listening to right now?
J: I love Travis Garland.. and until recently I used to listen a lot to the songs by the Weekend, and recently I’ve been listening to Princes music. I had a chance to look at back at his work.
While I was preparing this album. Mmm... I tried to listen to music that was trendy and soulful. Those artists I mentioned inspired me and my music.
A: How different is this from the music you are listening to a couple of years ago. Are you still listening to similar music or it’s really changed?
J: Ever since I became a radio DJ, my choice of music has broadened. So being a radio DJ was a big stroke of luck for me. Also it was a good reason for me to keep working as a radio DJ. I used to listen to R&B or soul songs and jazz or jazz blues style of music. But now I listen to indie music a lot. So I’m trying to broaden my choices and not stick to one genre.
A: This time last year we were teaching you some Australian slang. Do you remember any ..like G’day Mate?
J: ah ... ohh (touches his head) I think I remember ( nodding). Not exactly though. Can you please...
A: G’day Mate..
J: G’day Mate
A: yeah yeah yeah G’day Mate. How are ya?
Jonghyun tries to say.
A:Yes like ..How are you?
J: Is ‘See ya’ Australian as well?
A: Oh yeh yeah... ‘see you later’ .
J: You say ‘See ya’ isn’t of ‘See you later?’ I thought the pronunciation was cool. So I used ‘See ya’ in Deja Boo.
A: Oh wow!
J: I say ‘I see ya’ in the lyrics.
A: That’s amazing, I mean many Australian fans are gonna be very happy about that, they gonna say, ‘see ya’ all the time. Umm maybe I’ll teach you a new one. Ummm, Catch cha later mate.’ ‘ Goodbye is still ‘Catch cha later mate.
J: Catch er me later (awww).
A: yeah yeah ‘Catch ya later mate.’
J:Catch cha later mate.’
A: Yeah. Yes .. yes. (They high five and Jonghyun laughs).
A:Nice. Finally do you have a message for the Australian fans?
J:My first album’s just been released, and I hope you like it. I really enjoyed doing this album. Ahh... so I’d really appreciate if you all enjoy it with pleasure. Kamsamida.
A: Thank you very much Jonghyun. he extends his hand and offers to shake Jonghyuns hand) Jonghyun shakes his hand and bows his head. It’s been amazing.
- Need Help?
- Jonghyun Short WIKI
- My Blog
- Jonghyun 18th December 2017
- ROO -JONGHYUNS DACHSHUND
- Official Fansites
- Jonghyun Photos - 2017 and more years.
- WINNING JONGHYUNS NIKE TRAINERS
- Books Jonghyun read…
- Skeleton Flower: Things That Have Been Released and Set Free - A Novel by Kim Jonghyun and books he read.
- MY SCANS - 08 FINE
- Jonghyun Songs
- Jonghyun solo promotion and appearances.
- SHINee MV's
- JONGHYUN-X-INSPIRATION & INSPIRED CONCERTS
- AGIT - The Story by Jonghyun
- Blue Night 12am- 2pm
- Blue Night Translations 2017
- Blue Night Translations 2016
- Blue Night Translations 2015
- Blue Night Translations 2014
- TV Shows -SNL Korea - 3 Minute Friend pt 1-3/I'm Your Fan
Solo Magazine Interviews/ videos
- 2009:✿ Dazed and Confused ✿
- 2010 Kool Magazine Volume 1
- 2011 June
- 2013 - Arena Homme Plus - October 2013
- 2015 January 24th MUTE magazine
- JAN 2015 - ✿ Grazia ✿
- June 2016 Harpers Bazaa transcript
- Jan 2015 - ✿- Honest and sexy - ELLE ✿
- 2015- February - The Celebrity
- Feb 2015 - ✿ Dazed and Confused - Jonghyun ✿
- 2015 NOV - Esquire interview
- 2015 - ✿ Dazed - Taemin and Jonghyun ✿
- 2015 AUGUST- GRAZIA -X -Mens special edition ft, Jonghyun
- 2015- MARCH - GQ INTERVIEW
- 2015 NOV -ALLURE
- SBS Pop ASIA VCR with Andy
- 2015 - Seek Mag. Vol. 006 - Interview
- 2016 JUNE - Harper’s Bazaar June Issue
- 2016 JULY - CELEBRITY MAGAZINE
- 2016 DEC - HARPERS BAZAAR DECEMBER ISSUE
- 2016 DEC - CELEBRITY MAGAZINE
- ESQUIRE MAY 2017 with Shin Ke Joo
- 2017 May – Esquire – Part 1 & Part 2 – (Blue Night, Story Op. 2) >
- ESQUIRE - MARCH 2018 SHIN KIJOO REPORTER ON JONGHYUN
- 2016 December Harpers Bazaar
- COPYRIGHT APPLICABLE TO DERIVATIVE WORKS